I didn’t find any new small batch or premium sauces to add to my collection this month – So I cracked open a Collection and went on a Supermarket Binge.
The Big Easy Hot Sauce Collection from the Mambo Group
This collection is from my Big Score at Big Lots last January.
- Hot Sauce #152 – Bourbon Street
- Hot Sauce #153 – Fat Tuesday Garlic Herb
- Hot Sauce #154 – French Quarter Cayenne
- Hot Sauce #155 – Krewe Chipotle
- Hot Sauce #156 – Mardi Gras Jalapeño
- Hot Sauce #157 – N’awlins Red Pepper
- Hot Sauce #158 – Zydeco Habanero
Where I got it: Big Lots
Their Website: www.coastalcocktails.com – Unfortunately Doesn’t Work
I did find a couple of sauces during trips I made last month – But I am still trying them and will include them next month.
In the meantime, I really did get squirrely one day and hit the supermarkets. It started when I saw them new Kroger hot sauces on the shelf. I picked up all 4 and then decided to look for more. I hit the condiment aisle and then the ethnic aisles and finally the health food department — and came up with quite a few new sauces.
You really really should try this sometime. I’m gonna do it again in a few months (I didn’t actually buy every different hot sauce they had) and try it at other supermarkets, too.
Kroger’s New Hot Sauce Collection
To tell the truth, I really wasn’t expecting much from these sauces – coming from a supermarket as they do and being so reasonably priced – but these sauces are WAY better than I expected. Way better than they ought to be. I was totally blown away.
The Simple Truth Organic sauces are crisp and lively with fresh, bright jalapeño and smoky chipotle flavors. The Private Selection sauces are more complex and deserve the “Culinary Hot Sauce” label.
With this much flavor, the low price and convenience of being at a store I frequent often, I can see all 4 of these sauces finding a permanent place in my pantry.
- Hot Sauce #159 – Kroger Simple Truth Organic Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #160 – Kroger Simple Truth Organic Smoky Chipotle Pepper Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #161 – Kroger Private Selection Jalapeño Culinary Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #162 – Kroger Private Selection Peruvian Aji Amarillo Culinary Hot Sauce
Haunting the Shelves
None of these sauces were terrible – but only two were very good.
Most of them are pretty much what you would expect to find on the table of a cheap Mexican or a chain restaurant.
One good sauce was the sauce I found in the Health Food Section — Hot Line Pepper Products Hatchanero. It’s a relatively mild sauce that has roasted and salty flavor that goes well with Mexican food, chips, eggs and even meats. I bought a second bottle the next day.
The second really good sauce is Frank’s Red Hot Rajili Sweet Ginger Hot Sauce. I plan to try this on wings soon – So I will do a review and rating one that post when I do. And I will post a link HERE, too.
- Hot Sauce #163 – Boar’s Head Brand Hot & Spicy Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
- Hot Sauce #164 – Famous Dave’s Wilbur’s Revenge Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #165 – Frank’s Srircha Sauce
- Hot Sauce #166 – Frank’s Red Hot Rajili Sweet Ginger Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #167 – Goya Salsita Hot Sauce Salsa Picante Chile Chipotle
- Hot Sauce #168 – Hot Line Pepper Products Hatchanero Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #169 – Hungry Pucker Gringo Bandito Original Red Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #170 – Jim Beam Original Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #171 – Joluca Foods Chili Pepper Infused Chilosa Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #172 – Joluca Foods Tomatillo-Jalapeno Infused Chilosa Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #173 – The Pickapeppa Co. Pickapeppa Sauce
- Hot Sauce #174 – Reily Foods Company Yucatan Sunshine Prepared Habanero Pepper Sauce (Note – I LOVE Reily Foods Tiger Sauce and use it often. It just occurred to me this moment that I have not included it on this site. I will soon!)
- Hot Sauce #175 – Valentina Salsa Picante
- Hot Sauce #176 – Very Peri Sauces Very Peri Intenso Gourmet Peri Peri Mélange
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE this Post and My Hot Sauce Project with your Hot-Food-Lovin’ Friends!
Then Please be sure to leave a comment to tell everyone what YOU think of these Hot Sauces.