Finishing up a great Hot Sauce Year and getting a jump start on, hopefully, an even better one.
I buy A WHOLE LOT of hot sauces. Add in a few that are given to me and a good number of restaurant sauces and it is inevitable that some will fall through the cracks.
In an effort to finish out 2015 and start fresh in 2016, I spent the first month of the new year have scouring the house — looking in the kitchen, behind the bar, in my office and everywhere else — to find all the sauces I acquired and tried, but somehow forgot to count, in 2015. Then I searched through all of my old photos and FoodSpotting entries to make sure I didn’t miss any restaurant or other sauces.
Here is the complete — and surprisingly large (to me, anyway) — list of forgotten sauces of 2015.
A Wrap Up of All 2015 Hot Sauces that Were Not Counted…Until Now
- Hot Sauce #305 – Always Save Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #306 – Amazon Pepper Chipotle Sauce Mild
- Hot Sauce #307 – Amazon Pepper Salsa Amazon Verde Picante
- Hot Sauce #308 – Bazo’s Fresh Mexican Grill, Louisville, KY Salsa Morena (Mild)
- Hot Sauce #309 – Bazo’s Fresh Mexican Grill, Louisville, KY Salsa Verde (Medium)
- Hot Sauce #310 – Bazo’s Fresh Mexican Grill, Louisville, KY Salsa Roja (Hot)
- Hot Sauce #311 – Bazo’s Fresh Mexican Grill, Louisville, KY Salsa Picante (Extra Hot)
- Hot Sauce #312 – Brother Bru-Bru’s Chipotle Pepper Sauce (I got this at a local health food store. It is “low sodium”, “gluten-free”, “all natural” and “made with organic peppers.” And also, not very good.)
- Hot Sauce #313 – CaJohns Fiery Foods Sir Fartslot’s Hot Sauce (An unfortunate name for a very good sauce.)
- Hot Sauce #314 – Cajun Power Louisiana Lightning Strike Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #315 – Cajun Power Spicy Garlic Pepper Sauce (We tried these sauces at a wonderful little Cajun Fast Food place called Yats (yatscajuncreole.com) in Indianapolis.)
- Hot Sauce #316 – Captain Rodney’s Pirates Gold Mango Fire “Sweet Tropical Heat” Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #317 – Crazy Good Southwest Sweet Heat (This one is quite good.)
- Hot Sauce #318 – El Yucateco Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero
- Hot Sauce #319 – Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
- Hot Sauce #320 – Horsetooth Hot Sauce The “O” Face
- Hot Sauce #321 – Horsetooth Hot Sauce Rubin’s Red
- Hot Sauce #322 – Horsetooth Hot Sauce Smokestack Lightning
- Hot Sauce #323 – Nando’s Peri-Peri Sauce Medium
- Hot Sauce #324 – Nando’s Peri-Peri Sauce Hot (I got both of these bottle free when Whole Foods found an ingredient in them we couldn’t carry and pulled them from the shelves.)
- Hot Sauce #325 – Original Juan Jamaican Style Batch #112 Hot Sauce – Jalapeño Harissa
- Hot Sauce #326 – Our Lady of Hotalupe Holy Hot Sauce (I picked this up at a farmer’s market. It’s exactly the kind of homemade sauce I like to find. Unfortunately, this one was not good. It’s a GREAT name, though.)
- Hot Sauce #327 – Reily Foods Company Tennessee Sunshine
- Hot Sauce #328 – S&F Sriracha Chili Sauce
- Hot Sauce #329 – Scoville Food Institute – Gc Garlic Cayenne
- Hot Sauce #330 – Scoville Food Institute – Gc Garlic Habanero
- Hot Sauce #331 – Schultz’s Gourmet Cooking Hot Sauces Sweet Heat
- Hot Sauce #332 – South of the Border Hell’s Kitchen Habanero Hot Sauce (Given to me by Eric. Pedro’s Pantry, South of the Border, SC)
- Hot Sauce #333 – Stubb’s Texas Sriracha (Very Good!)
- Hot Sauce #334 – Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Pepper Sauce
- Hot Sauce #335 – Texas Pete Cha! Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce
- Hot Sauce #336 – Texas Pete Hotter Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #337 – Tropical Pepper Co. Green Jalapeño Sauce
- Hot Sauce #338 – Walkerswood Hot Jamaican Mustard Pepper Sauce (from Associated Manufacturers Ltd. St. Ann Jamaica, W.I. http://walkerswood.com/)
- Hot Sauce #339 – Wild Carrot Farm Complementary Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Big Lots Hot Sauces from Christmas 2015
For the 3rd year in a row I was able to hit Big Lots after Christmas and score a large collection of hot sauces at drastically reduced prices. I paid 30 – 50% of listed price for all 7 of these collections.
I’ve already cracked upon a couple of the boxes and will start counting them in February.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE this Post and My Hot Sauce Project with your Hot-Food-Lovin’ Friends!
Then Please be sure to leave a comment to tell everyone what YOU think of these Hot Sauces.