I scored 17 new hot sauces in October — all on a trip to New Orleans and a Caribbean Cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island and Cozumel — including several that would be impossible to find at home.
New Orleans, Jamaica, Grand Cayman Island, Cozumel and Franklin, TN Hot Sauces
Right off the bat I spotted a new hot sauce when we had breakfast at the incredible Cafe Beignet. Since we were having beignets (of course!) I didn’t anything suitable to put a splash on. But since it was sitting there on the table, I sampled a couple of spoons-worth anyway.
- Hot Sauce #288 – Cajun Chef Louisiana Hot Sauce
(Website – http://www.cajunchefshop.com/)
Magnolia Sugar & Spice Praline Kitchen & Hot Sauce Bar, New Orleans, LA
After breakfast we did a little exploring around the French Quarter and I chanced upon the Magnolia Sugar & Spice Praline Kitchen & Hot Sauce Bar (237 Royal St New Orleans, LA, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magnolia-Sugar-Spice-Praline-Kitchen-Hot-Sauce-Bar/232262516937113) They had an extensive and very nice selection of sauces — though they naturally leaned heavily toward the Louisiana-Style sauces. I picked up a few bottles, which I will review in future posts, and tried a few more samples they had generously laid out for us.
Here are the ones I sampled but didn’t purchase — but DID add to my total:
- Hot Sauce #289 – The Hottest Fuckin’ Sauce (Website – ???)
- Hot Sauce #290 – Pickapeppa Gingery Mango Sauce (Website – http://pickapeppa.com/)
- Hot Sauce #291 – Louisiana Gold Wasabi Pepper Sauce (Website – http://www.lagoldhotsauce.com/)
- Hot Sauce #292 – Louisiana Gold Horseradish Pepper Sauce (Website – http://www.lagoldhotsauce.com/)
- Hot Sauce #293 – See Dick Burn Hot Sauce (Website – ???)
- Hot Sauce #294 – CaJohns Fiery Food Company Rougaroux Hot Sauce (Website – http://cajohns.com/store/)
Carnival Dream BBQ on the Deck
- Hot Sauce #295 – Carnival Dream BBQ on the Deck Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #296 – Baronhall Farms Jamaican Hot Curry
- Hot Sauce #297 – Baronhall Farms Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
- Hot Sauce #298 – Baronhall Farms Jamaican Hell Hot
(Website – http://jamaicastandardproducts.com/index.php)
Grand Cayman Island
- Hot Sauce #299 – Ivy’s Cayman Treats Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- Hot Sauce #300 – Salsa Habanero Chimay Original de Tabasco Amarilla
- Hot Sauce #301 – Salsa Habanero Chimay Original de Tabasco Roja
- Hot Sauce #302 – Salsa Habanero Chimay Original de Tabasco Verde
- Hot Sauce #303 – Salsa Habanero Chimay Original de Tabasco Negra
(Website – http://chimay.com.mx/)
Swanky’s Taco Shop, Franklin, TN
- Hot Sauce #304 – Swanky’s Taco Shop Hot Sauce
Website – http://www.swankystacoshop.com/
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE this Post and My Hot Sauce Project with your Hot-Food-Lovin’ Friends!
Then Please be sure to leave a comment to tell everyone what YOU think of these Hot Sauces.