I really liked them.
Southwest Heat Wave Hot Sauce Collection
As I said in a my last post, this collection was a Christmas gift from my parents (Dad picked it out.) He knows I like hot sauce.
So, there was no way I wasn’t going to try them.
However, I have to admit, I had serious reservations about this collection.
I had previously had only one experience with “gift-box” hot sauce collections like this — and it was a disaster. And, surprise, this collection was made by the exact same company – Dat’l Do-It. (Click HERE to read that story of that first collection if you like.)
So that was one strike against it.
In addition, I recently tried some of the very best craft hot sauces I have ever had the pleasure of eating at Jungle Jim’s Weekend of Fire. (Click HERE to read all about that very fun trip.)
So, even with the best of intentions, I didn’t have high hopes.
Amazingly, even with all that going against them — they never got to strike three.
I really had fun with these sauces.
Despite what I said above, I didn’t actually like all the sauces. There were two that were good and the rest ranged from mediocre to down right horrible.
What I enjoyed was the whole process of trying them. I opened the box and looked all of them over. I have to be honest — they have some fantastic labels and names. Then, I selected two to take to work with me each day for three weeks (some days I skipped lunch and some days I took ones I had already tried.) I really had a blast trying out the different sauces and combinations.
I liked this so much that I have started going to Big Lots to look at the other collections. I haven’t decided to buy any yet — but you never know.
The SouthWest HeatWave Sauces
All of the sauces are table sauces.
- Hot Sauce #49 – Blazin’ Saddles Hot Sauce with Tabasco Peppers – This is probably the hottest of the bunch.
- Hot Sauce #50 – Desert Sundance Garlic Habanero Sauce
- Hot Sauce #51 – Howlin’ Hot Mexican-Style Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #52 – Adobe Blaze Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #53 – Liquid Ray’s Exotic Sweet & Spicy Hot Sauce – This is my favorite of the bunch. It has a nice blend of heat and sweet. The heat is from Aged Red Cayenne Peppers. I would consider buying this if it was sold separately.
- Hot Sauce #54 – Kokopelli Brand Garlic Pepper Drops
- Hot Sauce #55 – Gecko Joe’s Teriyaki Hot Sauce – Yuck!
- Hot Sauce #56 – Santa Fe Sizzling Sweet Chipotle Sauce – Not sure where the sweet is but this has a wonderful smokey Chipotle taste. One of the best of the bunch.
- Hot Sauce #57 – N.M. Chile Co. Pepper Sauce
- Hot Sauce #58 – Campeche Sun Garlic & Herb Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #59 – Southwest Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- Hot Sauce #60 – Tail Burner Habanero Hot Sauce
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE this Southwest Heat Wave Hot Sauce Collection and My Hot Sauce Project with your Hot-Food-Lovin’ Friends!
Then Please be sure to leave a comment to tell everyone what YOU think of these Hot Sauces.